Wednesday 23 October 2019

Mid-Week 4

Time for an update!
As of Wednesday I've finished sculpting, retopo, uv unwrapping and texturing of 2 of my 3 props.

I've scultped the Hurdy Gurdy basing on my low poly 3ds max blockout. It was quite complex as there are many small pieces and I had to keep in mind that I need to be able to simplify it with retopo later.

I could go higher with the numbers of polygons of my retopo model, however I didn't think it was necessary due to my test normal map bakes being successful and high res. I've also adjusted my fish skeleton low poly model and blocked out colour ID's for my textures.

Retopo :



Colour ID :


Hurdy-Gurdy texturing process :



Fish skeleton texturing process :





Assets imported into UE4 with their textures applied:





I still need to re-adjust colour and properties of my metal material but I'll do that after I texture the gun as it also uses a lot of metal.




No comments:

Post a Comment